Sunday, March 9, 2014

I'm Two Months

February 28th, 2014


Oh! Mom! You scared me!

I cannot believe I am typing this, but Miss High Maintenance is two months old! And she rolls!!!!!  March 6th, the day after her two month check up she said "Suck it tummy time!" And rolled her little self right over.  She's been working on back to front for weeks now (she's soooo close!), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she did the easier direction no problem.  I was, however, quite surprised when I looked up "average age infants roll front to back" and found the answer--4 months. So clearly she is going to be an Olympian.  An ice dancer.  She just needs to find the Charlie White to her Meryl Davis.  And she will twizzle her way to the top. 


Emilia is smiley, giggly, and very talkative.  I mean very talkative. She rarely cries, but she loves to yell. I think her yells translate to something like Mom? Mom! Seriously? Mom! I am bored. Mom!  Her eyelashes are getting darker by the day and they are long! How lucky is this girl? She has the hairline of my father, but it's slowly making its way back.  I still have no idea what color her hair will be. Sometimes it looks red, sometimes it looks platinum blonde.  She is extremely expressive.  Her faces are adorable and oh so captionable :) She never stops moving.  We are looking forward to starting a mommy and me gymnastics class to expend some of her never ending energy! Emilia loves her puppy brothers.  She pets them every day.  And she is mad I haven't finished my blog post about them yet, so I'll get on that. She has a favorite song.  And sometimes that song is the only thing that will make girlfriend happy. (It's on repeat right now, so I can write this.)  

Same thing we always do, Pinky.  Try and take over the world.

We had our two month appointment last week and I was such a proud mama! She's still a peanut, but a ridiculously strong peanut.  The pediatrician actually said that it was a good thing I am now **officially** a stay at home mom, because this girl is demanding! He even warned us about her being an early walker and possibly breaking the office record of 7 months.  Um, not funny.  But if you've met this girl, you know it is totally feasible. Within minutes the doctor had Emi's number and I hadn't even opened my big mouth.  So let me guess, she doesn't really sleep a lot does she? And she probably doesn't nap? And she likes to snack often, but no big meals.  You probably get nothing done? 


Weight: 10 pounds 2.5 ounces.  Coming in at the 15th percentile.

Length: 21 and 3/4 inches.  Once again, the 15th percentile.

Sleep: Ha! What's that? Remember I said frequent snacker? Yeah, that doesn't stop in the middle of the night.  We party hard.  10, 12, 2, 4, 6, 8.  All night long (all night.... all night).  Yes, I'm singing Lionel Richie as I type.  Don't judge.

Sleep? Ha!

Favorite Song: I've Got Your Number Passion Pit circa 2007.  Google it.  It's a party.  And she likes to party. It's funny because it's about crying and it gets her to stop crying.  And it came out the year Dan and I met.  Awwww.....

Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice; a Little Miss Austen book of the BabyLit series.  It's about counting.  You know, two rich gentlemen, four marriage proposals, ten 10,000 pounds a year.  Let's be honest.  This is mommy's favorite baby book of the moment, but Emilia loves it too.  We can't wait to learn about the weather via another one of mommy's favorites, Wuthering Heights.

 

Favorite Thing to Do: Talk to her boytoy, the ceiling fan.  She's the fan's biggest fan.  She is all about that fan.  She loves the fan, ok? And she's not embarrassed to chat him up any given morning.


Oh hey there fan


Highlight(s) of the Month: Chatting it up with girlfriend while out and about.  I have said it once and I'll say it again--chilling with my BFF Emilia is my favorite thing to do! We've officially headed to Nordstrom for a shopping trip. It was an emotional experience for me because I felt like I had finally made it in life--pushing my baby girl around Nordstrom at 11 am on a weekday.  OH! And she had her first official babysitter this month.  Her wonderful papa stayed with her so I could go with my sister and get a pedicure and pick up a dress to wear to her baptism.  They had a lot of fun.  Let's just say all the stuffed animals were lined up on the floor in her nursery and there was a lot of giggling involved.


I'm Emilia and I'm probably judging your outfit.

Favorite Product: The NoseFrida. Those Swedes have it figured out.  Those nasty bulb suckers they give you at the hospital.  Try to wash it.  Then when you can't, cut it open.  And after you see what's inside (and possibly barf) go buy a NoseFrida.  Girlfriend got a bit of a cold this month and eating was a HOT MESS.  We had to get those boogies out before she ate otherwise there was a milk explosion, usually culminating with Emi coughing and spewing a ridiculous amount of milk into my face.  And before you judge, the NoseFrida is not gross at all to use.  You do not eat the boogers for breakfast.  But, I will say I cannot get the boogers out like Dan can, and it does make me gag, so if all else fails, enlist the husband.


Our next big adventure is flying to Orange County on Friday for her baptism.  I cannot wait for Emilia to meet all my family and friends.  It's been a long time coming.  She has many cute outfits planned.  They may or may not involve jellies.

Are we done yet?




2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness this kid is going to be on the stage when she is older. Her expressions are priceless! This post made me lol when I read it. Can't wait to see Emi on Friday!

    ReplyDelete